- 5 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup turbinado (washed raw) sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto blackberry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Summer Blackberry Cobbler
Sort By :
Loved this recipe, have made it twice all ready and would make it again any time.
Just made this tonight with a mixture of frozen blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. I subbed white whole wheat flour for the all purpose flour. It was great! I will make it again!!
Just made this tonight with a mixture of frozen blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. I subbed white whole wheat flour for the all purpose flour. It was great! We will make it again!!