Summer Berry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry or strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 graham cracker crusts (9 inches)
- 4 cups whipped topping
- Fresh mint and additional sliced strawberries
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- 2. Stir in the berries. Pour into crusts and chill until set. Garnish with whipped topping, mint and strawberries. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 282 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.