Mom puts luscious fresh blueberries, strawberries and raspberries to great use in this cool, refreshing pie. A super dessert on a hot day, it provides a nice light ending to a hearty meal. -Judi Messina, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry or strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 graham cracker crusts (9 inches)
- 4 cups whipped topping
- Fresh mint and additional sliced strawberries
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in the berries. Pour into crusts and chill until set. Garnish with whipped topping, mint and strawberries. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Summer Berry Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Summer Berry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review