- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry or strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 graham cracker crusts (9 inches)
- 4 cups whipped topping
- Fresh mint and additional sliced strawberries
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in the berries. Pour into crusts and chill until set. Garnish with whipped topping, mint and strawberries. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Summer Berry Pie
"My daughter made this for a recent dinner. It was delicious. The only thing she did different was to cut back on the sugar. We all loved it."
"A great pie. It is quick and easy to make. I made my own graham cracker crust:1 1/4 c graham crackers, 1/3 c melted butter, 1/4 packed brown sugar. Mix all together, press into 9" pan bake at 375 for 5 min. It is rare when I use a recipe without changing it. This one is perfect. We served it with a little bit of whipped cream. Excellent!"
"This is by far the best summer pie I have made. Easy and guick to make."
"Excellent flavor!!! My family loved it!"
"made no changes. have made this several times...and it is always a hit at my house."
"This pie is awesome. It is a summer favorite for our family."