Summer Berry Cheese Pie Recipe
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine half of the strawberries and lemon juice; mash berries. Add 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon peel and remaining sugar until smooth. Spread into the crust.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved strawberry mixture until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cool slightly.
- 3. Fold in blueberries and remaining strawberries. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 308 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Summer Berry Cheese Pie
"i just used strawberries and was excellent"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.