I love to make this pie with fresh blueberries and strawberries from area farms. It's an easy summer treat that my family just gobbles up.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine half of the strawberries and lemon juice; mash berries. Add 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon peel and remaining sugar until smooth. Spread into the crust.
- In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved strawberry mixture until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cool slightly.
- Fold in blueberries and remaining strawberries. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Summer Berry Cheese Pie in Country Extra July 1999, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Summer Berry Cheese Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 17, 2015
"i just used strawberries and was excellent"