I love to make this pie with fresh blueberries and strawberries from area farms. It's an easy summer treat that my family just gobbles up.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine half of the strawberries and lemon juice; mash berries. Add 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon peel and remaining sugar until smooth. Spread into the crust.
- In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved strawberry mixture until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cool slightly.
- Fold in blueberries and remaining strawberries. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Summer Berry Cheese Pie in Country Extra July 1999, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Summer Berry Cheese Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review