- 1 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 pounds beef sirloin tip steak, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients and mix well. Pour 1 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add vegetables. Pour remaining marinade into another resealable bag; add beef. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Drain and reserve marinade from vegetables. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef, tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini and summer squash.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve kabobs over rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Summer Beef Skewers
"Great taste. We cook the meat and veggies in seperate skewers. Veggies would have been over cooked by the time the meat was done (at medium-rare). When done, remove the meat and veggies from skewers and combine in a bowl (this allows the meat to rest and the flavors to combine)."
"Marinade was not good on the squash. This was just ok."