Summer Bean Salad Recipe
I’ve been making this recipe for over 30 years, and it always seems to be a favorite. This isn’t your typical bean salad, though—the mandarin oranges make it unique and refreshing.
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oranges, beans, green pepper, onion and parsley. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar and sugar; shake well.
- 2. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC