Summer Bean Salad
"I made this salad one day when a friend called and said she wanted to come over," relates Kristin Troyer of Woodland, Washington. "I ran to the garden, picked the veggies and put it together in less than 30 minutes!"
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1 plum tomato, quartered
- 1 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil; cover and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and immediately place
- beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small serving bowl, combine the beans, tomato, egg and onion.
- Drizzle with dressing: toss gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with fat-free dressing) equals 95 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.