Summer Avocado Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Add avocado; toss gently. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 227 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Summer Avocado Salad
"The lack of dressing and seasoning really let the flavor of the vegetable stand on their on. I really enjoyed."
"this salad was very good. The only changes I made was to use a regular tomato and I added Kraft Tangy Italian non fat dressing."