Summer Avocado Salad Recipe
Garden-fresh veggies, creamy avocado and a sprinkling of feta cheese make this chunky salad a healthy summer standout! Shared by Deborah Williams of Peoria, Arizona.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Add avocado; toss gently. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 227 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC