Garden-fresh veggies, creamy avocado and a sprinkling of feta cheese make this chunky salad a healthy summer standout! Shared by Deborah Williams of Peoria, Arizona.
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Add avocado; toss gently. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Summer Avocado Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p31
Reviews for Summer Avocado Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2011
"this salad was very good. The only changes I made was to use a regular tomato and I added Kraft Tangy Italian non fat dressing."