Garden-fresh veggies, creamy avocado and a sprinkling of feta cheese make this chunky salad a healthy summer standout! Shared by Deborah Williams of Peoria, Arizona.
Recommended: Genius Foods to Pack for Your Next Plane Ride
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Add avocado; toss gently. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Summer Avocado Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p31
Reviews for Summer Avocado Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2015
"The lack of dressing and seasoning really let the flavor of the vegetable stand on their on. I really enjoyed."
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2011
"this salad was very good. The only changes I made was to use a regular tomato and I added Kraft Tangy Italian non fat dressing."