Summer Apple Salad
This salad is a great-tasting, colorful side dish that contains a mixture of ingredients. It is a good thing this serves 12 because my family can't get enough of it! Tossing fruits and vegetables with a sweet dressing is a deliciously different idea.Kim Stoller, Smithville, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 medium tart red apples, diced
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup grape halves
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the apples, pineapple, celery, grapes,
- carrot and almonds. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, sugar and
- lemon juice. Add to apple mixture and toss to coat. Chill. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 107 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.