This salad is a great-tasting, colorful side dish that contains a mixture of ingredients. It is a good thing this serves 12 because my family can't get enough of it! Tossing fruits and vegetables with a sweet dressing is a deliciously different idea.—Kim Stoller, Smithville, Ohio
- 3 medium tart red apples, diced
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup grape halves
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the apples, pineapple, celery, grapes, carrot and almonds. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, sugar and lemon juice. Add to apple mixture and toss to coat. Chill. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Summer Apple Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1993, p59
Reviews for Summer Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review