—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pudding, mousse or ice cream
- Fresh fruit
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw two 6-in. circles on paper; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Beat in the butter and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour until smooth.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter over each parchment paper circle; spread with the back of a spoon to cover circle. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from the paper with a metal spatula and immediately place each over an inverted 6-oz. custard cup or small bowl; shape around cup. Repeat with remaining batter to make six more shells (parchment paper can be reused). Fill with pudding and fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sugary Dessert Shells in Country Woman May/June 2003, p45
Reviews for Sugary Dessert Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review