Sugary Apple Fritters Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Whisk eggs and water; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls, a few at a time, in hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Roll warm fritters in sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 40 fritters.
Reviews for Sugary Apple Fritters
Sort By :
these are great!
Very nice flavor. I want to try baking them like someone suggested.
I Love that this recipe does not have cinnamon! Rarely do you find apple anything without cinnamon, being allergic to it makes it difficult this time of year! I will definitely be making these this weekend!
My grandpa gave me some early transparent apples and I was dying to use them. I was searching TOH for a recipe and came across these fritters. I didn't want to fry these so I baked the dough using my donut pan and they turned out wonderful !! I also used half whole wheat pastry flour and added a tsp of cinnamon as well. Plus I didn't peel the apples since the skins have all the fiber and nutrition!
Tastes like heaven - yummy