My kids love these fritters year-round, but I get even more requests in the fall when there are plenty of apples in season. I like to serve them as a special breakfast treat when they host friends for sleepovers. —Katie Beechy, Seymour, Missouri
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Whisk eggs and water; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, in hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Roll warm fritters in sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 40 fritters.
Originally published as Apple Fritters in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p41
Reviews for Sugary Apple Fritters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review