Sugary Apple Fritters Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Whisk eggs and water; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, in hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Roll warm fritters in sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 40 fritters.
Reviews for Sugary Apple Fritters
Sort By :
"Does this recipe freeze well?"
"these are great!"
"Very nice flavor. I want to try baking them like someone suggested."
"I Love that this recipe does not have cinnamon! Rarely do you find apple anything without cinnamon, being allergic to it makes it difficult this time of year! I will definitely be making these this weekend!"
"My grandpa gave me some early transparent apples and I was dying to use them. I was searching TOH for a recipe and came across these fritters. I didn't want to fry these so I baked the dough using my donut pan and they turned out wonderful !! I also used half whole wheat pastry flour and added a tsp of cinnamon as well. Plus I didn't peel the apples since the skins have all the fiber and nutrition!"