Sugartime Lemon Pie
I knew just what to serve for dessert at the theme party I gave for my sister's birthday. When she was growing up during the 1950s, she preferred this creamy sweet-tart treat that our mom made over any kind of cake.
-Judy Nix, Toccoa, Georgia
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the
- bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate
- for 30 minutes.
- For filling, in a bowl, whisk milk and lemon juice until smooth. Add
- lemon peel and food coloring if desired. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Garnish with whipped topping if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 298 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a