Sugartime Lemon Pie Recipe
I knew just what to serve for dessert at the theme party I gave for my sister's birthday. When she was growing up during the 1950s, she preferred this creamy sweet-tart treat that our mom made over any kind of cake. -Judy Nix, Toccoa, Georgia
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For filling, in a bowl, whisk milk and lemon juice until smooth. Add lemon peel and food coloring if desired. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sugartime Lemon Pie in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sugartime Lemon Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review