When our kids read about sugarplums in a holiday tale, they were intrigued...and so was I! In short order, I figured out a no-bake way to make the sweets from dried fruits and nuts.
- 1 package (15 ounces) raisins
- 2 cups pitted dried plums
- 1 package (8 ounces) dried mixed fruit
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1. In a food processor, combine the chop raisins, plums, mixed fruit and pecans. Cover and process until chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place on waxed paper and let stand at room temperature for 4 hours. Store in an airtight container. Roll in additional sugar before serving if desired. Yield: about 8 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 83 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC