When our kids read about sugarplums in a holiday tale, they were intrigued...and so was I! In short order, I figured out a no-bake way to make the sweets from dried fruits and nuts.
Recommended: 48 Amazingly Easy Cakes
- 1 package (15 ounces) raisins
- 2 cups pitted dried plums
- 1 package (8 ounces) dried mixed fruit
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a food processor, combine the chop raisins, plums, mixed fruit and pecans. Cover and process until chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place on waxed paper and let stand at room temperature for 4 hours. Store in an airtight container. Roll in additional sugar before serving if desired. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Sugarplums in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p39
Reviews for Sugarplums
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2010