- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted dried plums
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- COCONUT TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Beat just until combined. Fold in plums and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in sugar and buttermilk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute. Stir in coconut and vanilla. Immediately spread topping over cake when removed from the oven. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sugarplum Pudding Cake in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p12
Reviews for Sugarplum Pudding Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review