Sugarplum Cake Recipe
Family and friends are surprised to hear this simple cake gets it moist flavor from a jar of baby food. It's a nice, light dessert. —Denita DeValcourt, Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 jar (6 ounces) plums with apples baby food
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Combine flour and cinnamon; add to egg mixture. Beat in baby food; stir in nuts. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 416 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC