Family and friends are surprised to hear this simple cake gets it moist flavor from a jar of baby food. It's a nice, light dessert. —Denita DeValcourt, Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 jar (6 ounces) plums with apples baby food
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Combine flour and cinnamon; add to egg mixture. Beat in baby food; stir in nuts. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sugarplum Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p96
Reviews for Sugarplum Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2011
"I made this cake for a raffle at work. Everyone loved the cake. It was hit!"