Sugarless Spice Cake
If you don't know what dessert to make for family members or friends who are diabetic, try this cake. It's very easy to make, and it's delicious!
20 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons liquid artificial sweetener
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a saucepan, cook raisins in water until water has evaporated. Add
- the applesauce, eggs, sweetener and oil; mix well. Blend in baking
- soda and flour. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Pour into a
- greased 8-in. square. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (without whipped cream topping) equals 181 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber,