If you don't know what dessert to make for family members or friends who are diabetic, try this cake. It's very easy to make, and it's delicious!
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons liquid artificial sweetener
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a saucepan, cook raisins in water until water has evaporated. Add the applesauce, eggs, sweetener and oil; mix well. Blend in baking soda and flour. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Pour into a greased 8-in. square. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Sugarless Spice Cake in Country December/January 1992, p49
Reviews for Sugarless Spice Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review