Sugarless Rice Pudding
"I can whip up a batch of this rice pudding in no time," relates Ruth Hannan of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. "It has plenty of old-fashioned goodness without the sugar."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until slightly
- thickened. Add vanilla; mix well. Stir in rice. Serve immediately or
- cover and refrigerate. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 115 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.