Sugarless Heart Cookies
These melt-in-your-mouth cookies are a wonderful treat, even for those not watching their sugar intake. It's fun to try various flavors of gelatin.Becky Jones, Akron, Ohio
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free mixed fruit gelatin
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl, cream butter and gelatin. Beat in egg substitute and
- vanilla. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Chill for 1 hour.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-in. cookie cutter. Place
- on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-7 minutes or
- until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are set. Cool on wire
- racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 cookies) equals 59 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.