Sugarless Fruit/Nut Muffins Recipe
Once you've tasted these deliciously sweet, chewy gems, you'll be making them again and again. They freeze well, too, for a quick anytime snack!
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dried plums
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a saucepan, combine dates, raisins, plums and water. Bring to boil and boil 5 minutes. Stir in butter and salt. Set aside to cool. Add remaining ingredients to fruit; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into greased mini-muffin pans.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes (if desired, bake in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan for 30 minutes). Yield: 32 muffins.
Originally published as Sugarless Fruit/Nut Muffins in Country Woman September/October 1992, p36
Reviews for Sugarless Fruit/Nut Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review