- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 pound dates, cut up
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup carob chips
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter. Grind dates; blend with eggs and vanilla to make a paste. Stir into butter. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls 1/2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until peaks begin to brown. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Sugarless Date Drops in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p55
Reviews for Sugarless Date Drops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2010
"I tested this recipe with the following modifications. I traded the flour with 1/2 buckwheat and 1/2 millet flours. Instead of butter, I used coconut oil.Then with the last oats, sunflower and pecans- i processed through the food processor and used a pasty bag to drop the batter onto the cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. No Gluten, no Sat fat and less fat."