Notice the nutritious ingredients—and these cookies taste so good, too!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 pound dates, cut up
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup carob chips
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter. Grind dates; blend with eggs and vanilla to make a paste. Stir into butter. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls 1/2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until peaks begin to brown. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Sugarless Date Drops in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p55
Reviews for Sugarless Date Drops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2010
"I tested this recipe with the following modifications. I traded the flour with 1/2 buckwheat and 1/2 millet flours. Instead of butter, I used coconut oil.Then with the last oats, sunflower and pecans- i processed through the food processor and used a pasty bag to drop the batter onto the cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. No Gluten, no Sat fat and less fat."