Sugarless Apple Pie Recipe
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 large)
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir and pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with nuts.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit; also, 195 calories, 63 mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol, 32 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 8 gm fat.
Reviews for Sugarless Apple Pie
"Not good! Apples and walnuts burn even when baked only 30 min. Dry."