The natural goodness of fresh apples comes through in delightful Sugarless Apple Pie. "It's an old-fashioned treat everyone can savor," assures Arlene Taylor of Lacey, Washington.
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 large)
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir and pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sugarless Apple Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p8
Reviews for Sugarless Apple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2009
"Not good! Apples and walnuts burn even when baked only 30 min. Dry."