VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 large)
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir and pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sugarless Apple Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p8
Reviews forSugarless Apple Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2009
"Not good! Apples and walnuts burn even when baked only 30 min. Dry."