Sugarless Apple Pie Recipe
The natural goodness of fresh apples comes through in delightful Sugarless Apple Pie. "It's an old-fashioned treat everyone can savor," assures Arlene Taylor of Lacey, Washington.
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 large)
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir and pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sugarless Apple Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p8
Reviews for Sugarless Apple Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 14, 2009
Not good! Apples and walnuts burn even when baked only 30 min. Dry.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >