Sugared Walnuts Recipe
- 3 cups walnut halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until heated through. Cover and keep warm.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, coffee, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add warm walnuts; toss to coat.
- 3. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; separate with a fork. Cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
1/2 cup: 344 calories, 24g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Sugared Walnuts
"Very tasty against the tanginess of the walnut, you hardly notice the coffee at all. Easy to make. I enjoyed this recipe. I will make these again."