I often bring these with me to either a shower or receptions. They are different then a tray of cookies and disappear quickly.—Brenda Osborne, Cleveland, Tennessee
- 3 cups walnut halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until heated through. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, coffee, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add warm walnuts; toss to coat.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; separate with a fork. Cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Sugared Walnuts in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005
Reviews for Sugared Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 27, 2014
"Very tasty against the tanginess of the walnut, you hardly notice the coffee at all. Easy to make. I enjoyed this recipe. I will make these again."