I often bring these with me to either a shower or receptions. They are different then a tray of cookies and disappear quickly.—Brenda Osborne, Cleveland, Tennessee
- 3 cups walnut halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until heated through. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, coffee, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add warm walnuts; toss to coat.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; separate with a fork. Cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Sugared Walnuts in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005
Reviews for Sugared Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 27, 2014
"Very tasty against the tanginess of the walnut, you hardly notice the coffee at all. Easy to make. I enjoyed this recipe. I will make these again."