Sugared Walnut Fruit Salad Recipe
In Washington Court House, Ohio, Clara Coulston stirs sweetened walnuts into this colorful salad that includes oranges, grapes and strawberries. "It's easy to remove the skin from the kiwifruit with a vegetable peeler," she suggests."I also use a mango instead of a peach when available."
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium peach, chopped or 3/4 cup frozen sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine walnuts and water; drain. Toss walnuts with sugar. Spread in a single layer on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the oranges, grapes, kiwi, peach and strawberries. Sprinkle with sugared walnuts; toss lightly. Sprinkle with orange peel if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Sugared Walnut Fruit Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC