In Washington Court House, Ohio, Clara Coulston stirs sweetened walnuts into this colorful salad that includes oranges, grapes and strawberries. "It's easy to remove the skin from the kiwifruit with a vegetable peeler," she suggests."I also use a mango instead of a peach when available."
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium peach, chopped or 3/4 cup frozen sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel, optional
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts and water; drain. Toss walnuts with sugar. Spread in a single layer on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan, stirring occasionally.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the oranges, grapes, kiwi, peach and strawberries. Sprinkle with sugared walnuts; toss lightly. Sprinkle with orange peel if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sugared Walnut Fruit Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2004 , p56
Reviews forSugared Walnut Fruit Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review