Sugared Raisin Pear Diamonds Recipe
With their tender golden crust and tempting pear and raisin filling, these fabulous bars stand out on any buffet table. Substitute apples for the pears, and you'll still get yummy results! -Jeanne Allen, Rye, Colorado
- 5 cups plus 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 cups diced peeled ripe pears (about 7)
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 5 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt. Cut in butter and lemon peel until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add cream, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- 2. Divide in half. On a large piece of lightly floured waxed paper, roll out one portion of dough into a 16-in. x 11-1/2-in. rectangle. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Increase temperature to 400°.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the pears, raisins, lemon juice, cinnamon and remaining flour and sugar. Spread over crust. Roll out remaining dough into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle; place over filling. Trim and seal edges. Brush top with egg; sprinkle with additional sugar.
- 5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into diamond-shaped bars. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 284 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Sugared Raisin Pear Diamonds
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC