Sugared Raisin Pear Diamonds Recipe
- 5 cups plus 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 cups diced peeled ripe pears (about 7)
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 5 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt. Cut in butter and lemon peel until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add cream, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Divide in half. On a large piece of lightly floured waxed paper, roll out one portion of dough into a 16-in. x 11-1/2-in. rectangle. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Increase temperature to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, raisins, lemon juice, cinnamon and remaining flour and sugar. Spread over crust. Roll out remaining dough into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle; place over filling. Trim and seal edges. Brush top with egg; sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into diamond-shaped bars. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Sugared Raisin Pear Diamonds(2)
Sort By :
I love the ease of making these. I used the apples instead of the pears though. It was absolutely great.
These are easy to make and very good, like eating a pear or apple pie but they go a lot farther then a pie. I have altered this recipe using fresh strawberries and the next time I make these I'm going to use blueberries. You can also use apples. Yum Yum
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Best Sugar Cookie Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Sugar Cookies >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Mother's Day Pastry Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >