Sugared Pecans Recipe
For a number of years, our neighbor gave us these wonderful treats at Christmas. I finally obtained the recipe and make them for others, too.—Suzanne Brown, Blue Jay, California
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg white and orange juice until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients. Add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- 2. Spread onto a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 222 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC