"I tend to make these only for special occasions, such as holidays, because I cannot keep my husband and son (and myself!) away from them. They never last long, so you might want to make a double batch. —Polly Hall, Rockford, Michigan
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 5 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the peanuts, sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil; cook until syrup has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Spread peanuts in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan; sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 300° for 30-35 minutes or until dry and lightly browned.
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 252 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.