Sugared Peanut Clusters Recipe
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- 1. Butter two baking sheets with the 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, coffee, corn syrup and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 234°-240° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add peanuts; stir quickly.
- 2. Pour onto prepared baking sheets. Quickly separate into small clumps with two forks. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cups.
1/4 cup: 165 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Sugared Peanut Clusters
"Perhaps this was a misprint, but a 16 ounce jar of peanuts plus a bit of syrup can't yield 6 cups. I tried it as printed and had puddles! Next time, I used about 6 cups of peanuts & the result was delicious!"