Sugared Peanut Clusters
I made these nuts for my aunt's birthday, and everybody loved them. I've also given them as Christmas gifts.—Gail McClantoc, Sweet Water, Alabama
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- Butter two baking sheets with the 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a
- heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, coffee, corn syrup and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until
- a candy thermometer reads 234°-240° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add peanuts; stir quickly.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheets. Quickly separate into small clumps
- with two forks. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 6 cups.
Editor's Note: The accuracy of your candy thermometer is very important.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 165 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.