I made these nuts for my aunt's birthday, and everybody loved them. I've also given them as Christmas gifts.—Gail McClantoc, Sweet Water, Alabama
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- Butter two baking sheets with the 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, coffee, corn syrup and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 234°-240° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add peanuts; stir quickly.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheets. Quickly separate into small clumps with two forks. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Sugared Peanut Clusters in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p44
Reviews for Sugared Peanut Clusters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review