Sugared Fruit Centerpiece
For an elegant table topper, create this centerpiece showcasing simple-to-make sugared fruit. It's not only eye-catching but edible as well.
15 ServingsPrep: 1 hour + standing
- 15 to 20 pieces assorted fruit
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- Edible or silk leaves, optional
- Scrub fruit in soapy water; rinse and dry completely. In a
- microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for
- 1 minute. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 20
- seconds, until gelatin is completely dissolved. Whisk until slightly
- Lightly brush mixture over all sides of fruit. Place on a wire rack
- over waxed paper. Sprinkle with sugar. Let stand at room temperature
- for up to 24 hours. Arrange as desired, adding leaves if desired.
- Yield: 15-20 servings.