Sugared Fruit Centerpiece Recipe
For an elegant table topper, create this centerpiece showcasing simple-to-make sugared fruit. It's not only eye-catching but edible as well.
- 15 to 20 pieces assorted fruit
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- Edible or silk leaves, optional
- 1. Scrub fruit in soapy water; rinse and dry completely. In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds, until gelatin is completely dissolved. Whisk until slightly frothy.
- 2. Lightly brush mixture over all sides of fruit. Place on a wire rack over waxed paper. Sprinkle with sugar. Let stand at room temperature for up to 24 hours. Arrange as desired, adding leaves if desired. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Reviews for Sugared Fruit Centerpiece
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2010
"This is an excellent centerpiece for a beautiful dinner and one we'd make many more times. It's so simple and so good to eat, it's a keeper for sure and will be going in my recipe box."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC