- 15 to 20 pieces assorted fruit
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- Edible or silk leaves, optional
- Scrub fruit in soapy water; rinse and dry completely. In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds, until gelatin is completely dissolved. Whisk until slightly frothy.
- Lightly brush mixture over all sides of fruit. Place on a wire rack over waxed paper. Sprinkle with sugar. Let stand at room temperature for up to 24 hours. Arrange as desired, adding leaves if desired. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Sugared Fruit Centerpiece in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p118
Reviews for Sugared Fruit Centerpiece
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2010
"This is an excellent centerpiece for a beautiful dinner and one we'd make many more times. It's so simple and so good to eat, it's a keeper for sure and will be going in my recipe box."