Sugared Doughnut Holes
"These tender tasty doughnut bites are easy to make," says field editor Judy Jungwirth of Athol, South Dakota. "They're perfect for brunch, or as an after-school or anytime snack."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and
- nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk and butter. Add to
- dry ingredients and mix well.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop
- dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, five or six at a time, into oil. Fry
- until browned, about 1-2 minutes, turning once. Drain on paper
- towels. Roll warm doughnut holes in confectioners' sugar. Yield:
- about 3 dozen.