Sugared Date Balls
When I was a youngster, Mom always baked these tender old-fashioned cookies dotted with chewy dates and crunchy walnuts. Much to the delight of my family, I've continued her delicious tradition.
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine
- flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in dates and
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 22-25 minutes or until bottoms are lightly
- browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire
- racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 150 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.