Sugared Curry Walnuts
To head off the hungries, Ann Harris from Fresno, California calls on this change-of-pace treatment of walnuts.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups walnuts halves, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in the ginger,
- curry powder and cayenne until smooth. Add sugar and honey; stir
- until blended. Stir in walnuts until well coated.
- Spread onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cool and break apart. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 202 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.