Sugared Cherry Jewels Recipe
The texture and crunch of the sugar coating make these chewy cookies extra special. I love the bright cherry center and the fact that they look lovely in a holiday gift box or tin.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional sugar
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the corn syrup, egg yolks and vanilla. Gradually add the flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls; roll each ball in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each. Press a cherry half in the center.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 cookies equals 132 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Sugared Cherry Jewels
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC