Sugared Cherry Jewels
The texture and crunch of the sugar coating make these chewy cookies extra special. I love the bright cherry center and the fact that they look lovely in a holiday gift box or tin.
30 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional sugar
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the corn syrup, egg yolks and vanilla. Gradually add the flour
- and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll each ball in additional sugar. Place 2
- in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden
- spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each. Press a
- cherry half in the center.
- Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 132 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium,