Sugarcoated Spanish Peanuts
"It's almost impossible to stop eating these sweet peanuts," admits field editor Judy Jungwirth of Athol, South Dakota.
21 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple flavoring
- 4-1/2 cups raw Spanish peanuts with skins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Cook and
- stir over medium heat for 20 minutes or until almost all of the
- liquid is absorbed. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan; sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 350° for 24-26 minutes or until peanuts are well coated,
- stirring two to three times. Remove to a waxed paper-lined baking
- sheet to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 238 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now