- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Additional sugar
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice and peel; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Strain reserved orange juice. Dip cookies in juice, then roll in additional sugar. Let dry. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sugarcoated Meltaways in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p109
Reviews for Sugarcoated Meltaways
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review